|Vegan Mushroom Egg Fried Rice|
This is a great low waste or zero waste recipe if you make the tofu yourself (if so well done you). As it is can be easily adapted to feature a wide range of ingredients to meet your needs or budget.
Traditional egg fried rice incorporates seasoning such as soy soy, toasted sesame oil and five spice. Which I normally use but opted out of using because I didn't have to hand. So instead I used up a batch of frozen mushrooms which I had cooked earlier and preceded to cook the contents of my meal. I then crumbled a block of extra ft I'm . Tofu I use the ’ Tofoo’ brand’s Naked flavour.
I served my rice with baked sweet plantains and chilli sauce as it was would I have and I had quite a big portion.
VEGAN MUSHROOM EGG FRIED RICE RECIPE
1 block of extra firm tofu (crumbled)
1-2 tbsp of water or toasted sesame oil
3/4-1 tsp of curry powder or
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2- 1 a tsp of garlic powder
cooked fried mushrooms or water ‘fried’ mushrooms
1 -2 cups of shredded/chopped cabbage
cooked mixed veg or peas (for the traditional aspect)
2 cups of cooked rice (leftover/not freshly cooked)
a pinch of black pepper to taste
salt to taste (optional)
chopped spring onions to serve (optional)
chopped spring onion to taste (as a salt alternative but optional)
soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos to taste
chilli oil or chilli sauce (optional)
sesame seeds or sesame oil to taste (optional)
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add water, add tofu and stir.
- After 1 min add curry powder and continue to stir fry to combine the ingredients until the mixture starts to resemble 'scrambled eggs'.
- Use an extra 1-2 tbsp of water if the 'egg mixture' drys up.
- Then add the cabbage, stir and cook for until it softens 1-3 minutes
- Add mushrooms, mixed veg, rice and stir for 1-3 minutes depending on your cooking appliance.
- To serve add salt or alternative e.g. soy sauce, black pepper and spring onion
Watch how I made the dish in the video below
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE :
The Vegan Mushroom Egg Fried Rice recipe starts at 2:59
Thanks for reading
If you would like to see more connect with me on