|Chilli Tofu Variety Bowl|
|Blogtober Day 2|
Welcome to day two of Blogtober, today's post is of a meal
which I made for my dinner last night. It was so good that I
made it tonight , yes I had the same dish for dinner for two nights in a row and it took 45 mins from start to finish. It is a little unusual as it is a bowl which has a wide range of
elements. This ranges from sliced roast potatoes to vegan
cucumber raita and chilli Tofu.
Chilli Tofu Variety Bowl
CHILLI TOFU VARIETY BOWL RECIPE
Dairy free | Nut free| Meat free | Vegan | Protein packed
The dish comprises of four elements
- Baked chilli Tofu
- Roast sliced potatoes
- Vegan Cucumber raita
- Naan Style Crackers
BAKED CHILLI TOFU
1/2 a block of Medium Firm Tofu (I used Cauldron Foods)
4-5 tbsp of Chilli Sauce (I used Lingham's Chilli Sauce)
1. Slice the tofu into cubes, place into a bowl and add 4 tsbp of chilli sauce.
2. Stir and ensure that the chilli sauce has covered the tofu.
Place the mixture onto baking parchment lined oven tray.
3. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on your preference I cooked mine for 40) for best results flip over half way to reapply another tbsp of chilli sauce if needed.
4. Once cooked remove from the oven tray and serve.
1 potato,thinly sliced
1 tbsp of olive oil
a pinch of salt
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then put the mixture onto a baking parchment lined oven tray and place in the oven at
2. Remember to flip the potatoes after 10 -15 minutes and cook for another 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the potatoes.
3. Once cooked remove the tray from the oven and wait for the potatoes to cool before serving.
VEGAN CUCUMBER RAITA
5 tbsp dairy free coconut yogurt
grated or chopped cucumber
1 tsp of dried mint
I put all of the ingredients into a bowl and stirred. That was it
NAAN STYLE CRACKERS
2-3 tbsp of plain flour (self raising and strong flour work too) 1-2 tbsp of water
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black onion seeds (I used cumin powder)
a rolling pin, glass jar or cup (to roll the dough)
1. Place 1 tbsp of flour, 1 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix until combined.
2. Add another .5 tsp of flour and knead the mixture for 1 minute until the dough mixture is no longer sticky or squishy
but soft and mouldable like plasticine.
3. If any problems occur add more flour if the mixture is sticky and add more water if the mixture is to dry then knead.
4. Once the desired consistency has been reached roll out the dough mixture as thinly as possible using a rolling pin or glass jar.
5. Then create a teardrop / mini naan shape with a knife
and place into a oven tray (I cooked mine on the same tray as the tofu).
6. Cook in the oven at 180-200C for 10-15 minutes until golden brown (depending on the thickness of the dough) . Then serve.
If you get round to making this dish don't forget to tag me on social media and use #makeeatrepeat.
READ MORE OF MY POSTS
Catch up on my previous post's Blogtober (here), 3 Ingredient Banana Cookies (here) and Plantain Berry Nut Porridge (here).
CONNECT WITH ME
Connect with me on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook and Pinterest .
Bee 🐝 x